Sunday, February 16, 2014

Birthday!


This past October, I turned 24. 

24.

Oof.

For some reason, that was a big one for me. 

My thought process went like this: "Well 23 is still your early 20's, but 24 is technically considered your mid-twenties! And that means I'm only one year away from being 25, which is a quarter of a century old! I've lived over a quarter of my life! Wait...and if you follow the rounding principles I teach my 5th graders, 25 rounded to the nearest ten is 30...so basically I'm 30!!!!"

*deep breaths*

Luckily, I have the sweetest girlfriends in the ENTIRE world who got together and threw me a surprise party at my house. My first surprise party ever! I forgot all about how old I was, and just remembered how lucky I am to have such wonderful, supportive friends and family. Daniel was totally in on the whole thing, and he sneakily set it up without me having a clue!

We were all having so much fun hanging out, eating yummy food, chatting, and staying up past our 24-year-old bedtimes that we didn't take a single picture. (Those are the best nights, aren't they?) But I just have to show you the cake that  expert-chef Liz Moffit made me...




It was a giant, spectacular, 8-layer piece of perfection! But if you think it looks pretty, you should have tasted it. It was as heavenly as you could imagine! I felt so, so spoiled. 

Thank you to my most fabulous, awesome girls for making 24 one of the most amazing birthdays of my life. You are the best friends a girl could ask for!

...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...