Sunday, August 2, 2015

21 Weeks...over halfway!!


I'm imagining  Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" playing in the background as I write this post. 

*Ohh...we're halfway there....
Wooooah! Livin' on a prayer!*

And seriously, both of those things are true. As of last week, we are officially over halfway done with this pregnancy! I can't believe it. Only a few more months until this gets real and baby boy joins our family, ready or not. Man, I've got to get ready. Now, for the update!

How far along? 21 weeks
Baby is the size of: A pomegranate
Total weight gain/loss: 5+ pounds
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: Okay, other than going to the bathroom all the time. It's a bit harder to get comfy these days, but my bump nest pillow is my best friend.
Best moment this week: Finding out we're having a BOY!! And reaching the halfway point!!
Cravings: Breakfast cereal, raspberries, and cookies & milk. Ha! So random.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Miss anything? Being able to move/bend any way I want. I'm feeling a bit more limited as the bump grows.
Have you started to show yet? Oh, yes. I think the bump has doubled in size. I feel huge already, and we're only halfway. I got super self-conscious about it this morning so I looked up a bunch of pictures of other ladies at 21 weeks, and made Daniel analyze them with me to decide if I was getting huge way early. The jury is still out on that one! 
Gender: MAN CUB!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy.
Maternity clothes? My mom and I went shopping the other day to find me some shorts and dresses so I can survive the summer. Maternity clothes (especially pants) are totally underrated. They feel so much better!
Movement: Yes! Kicks and jabs and rolls and flips....especially while watching fireworks on the 4th of July. This little guy either loves or hates fireworks, judging by his acrobatics during the show.
Labor signs: No.
Belly button in or out? In.
Looking forward to: Meeting baby!! Haha. Oh man. I've got a long way to go.

So...this week has been interesting. Other than morning sickness, I've felt really good this whole pregnancy. However, the bump has really grown recently and I'm starting to feel it. Doing tasks that used to be no problem like vacuuming out cars, standing up after sitting on the floor, or getting pots and pans out of our lower cabinets have become interesting. I don't bend so well anymore. I also feel like I get tired and out-of-breath more easily. The worst is when I sometimes feel like I can't take a good deep breath because all this stuff is in the way of my lungs! It's especially noticeable after I eat, or when I'm sitting with poor posture. I know that is totally normal for pregnancy, but It's worrying only because I know I am going to get a LOT bigger, and I didn't expect to feel that so soon! It's not too bad yet, but I hope my other insides can sort themselves out around this growing baby so my lungs can have the requisite amount of space they need :). Any tips or advice on this is welcome and appreciated! I've only got 19 weeks to go....*insert terrified face here* and *cue Bon Jovi*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...