Thursday, October 22, 2015

30 Weeks + a pregnancy hiccup

A 30 week bump!

 I realize these are in a dressing room, but that's what we've got this week. It was a long one...

Well folks, it was bound to happen. This week was my First Official Pregnancy Hiccup. I am grateful to be through it! I'm also so grateful for my sweet family and friends for all their love and support - especially Daniel. That man is amazing. Sorry in advance for the TMI and the fact that I can't make a long story short. :|

On the Sunday before Labor Day, it was determined that I had a kidney stone. Bah! So not cool. I had never had one before so I had no idea what was going on. I felt totally fine that morning but a few hours later, it became clear that I was actually dying. It was the kind of pain where no matter how you move, it still hurts just as bad. A doctor at the Instacare prescribed me some pain stuff, but it was definitely not working. I did a good job of toughing it out at home until about 2:30 a.m. (I hadn't slept a wink, of course) when Daniel and I decided to just go to the E.R. and see what they could do for me.

I don't even remember the last time I was at an E.R. We rolled in, and it must have looked like I was in labor. The E.R. triaged me, and sent me to Labor & Delivery. Apparently I was having some contractions, probably just from the stress of being in pain. I was so worried! It's one thing to feel awful, but it's another thing to worry about the tiny human inside you being affected. I was glad when they hooked baby and I up to all these little monitors and we were assured that all was well. Once they got some drugs in me, it was sort of relaxing sitting in the room just listening to our baby's heartbeat.

The E.R. confirmed that I had a stone and gave me some stronger pain stuff that made it at least bearable. Keep in mind, I had never taken anything stronger than Advil up to that point in my life, so it was an experience. The pain was still bad enough that I couldn't sleep, but at least I wasn't dying anymore. They kept me there a little longer to make sure everything was okay, and gave me a higher dose of pain meds that took the pain completely away within an hour. It was magical. Then, they sent me home with a prescription and follow up instructions.

On our drive home Monday morning, I started feeling super sick from the pain meds. I felt awful that whole day and couldn't keep down any more of my medicine. I finally felt a bit better on Tuesday when I could drink and (sort of) eat, but I just stuck with the milder pain pills the Instacare doc had prescribed me so I wasn't sick. Throughout all of this, I only had one legit meltdown that evening when I was so tried, my back was killing me from the stone, my stomach hurt from not eating for 3 days, and sweet baby was kicking me too hard and taking up all the space in my belly. I thought my entire abdominal cavity was trying to kill me. Luckily I survived it, and Wednesday I was finally rid of that wretched stone!!! 

Here's a few more pictures at 30 weeks when I was trying to be back among the living.



How far along? 30 weeks
Baby is the size of: An acorn squash!
Total weight gain/loss: +18 lbs
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: As long as I don't have acid reflux (or freaking kidney stones) it's been really good.
Best moment this week: Hanging out in the quiet hospital room with Daniel listening to our baby's little heartbeat.
Cravings: Fruit - apples, raspberries, peaches, bananas, etc. Also, fudgecicles. Horrible, I know.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pain medicine, apparently!!
Miss anything? Being able to eat what I want without worrying about heartburn.
Have you started to show yet? OH yes.
Gender: baby boy
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, unless I have kidney stones.
Maternity clothes? Yep! With the addition of a little black dress, and a great pair of jeans and leggings, I think I am done buying maternity clothes this pregnancy.
Movement: Tons! He's all over the place, and I love it. Sometimes it hurts though. That kid is strong!
Labor signs: Some little, painless Braxton Hicks contractions.
Belly button in or out? Pretty much...flat.
Looking forward to: Next appointment when I can hear baby's heartbeat!

In other news:
I passed my glucose test! A mini miracle for this sugar lover. I am so behind on all things nursery. Baby has started getting the hiccups, which is adorable. But sometimes he's a little bit of a punk with swift kicks to the ribs when I'm trying to sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...